Crossing the Road...

Neil attended our Discovery group recently.

In my post, Disruptive Grace, I mentioned I met Neil at a pedestrian crossing which I was about to cross to attend our Discovery group held in a local cafe.



Later that week I was able to meet Neil again. Here's our text messages,

Hello Neil, Nice to meet you on the pedestrian crossing near the entrance to the Botanical Gardens this morning...I would like to get to know you more, maybe Thursday afternoon, to see if I can help in any way? Let me know and we can arrange a convenient time and venue. Bruce 😊



Thursday afternoon is fine. Would you like to come for a cuppa at my house or would you like to meet somewhere else. Thanks for your lovely message. See you on Thursday. Please confirm the place to meet. Cheers Neil 


A cuppa at your house would be lovely. How about 2 pm?


While visiting Neil and his family and I was able to explain in more detail what I was doing on the day we met. So I invited Neil to attend our Discovery group as my guest.



He came the week we finished our series, Rediscovering God's Compassion for a Lost World, with Jonah chapter four our final reading.

Beforehand I sent a text suggesting that in preparation Neil download a Bible app onto his smartphone in,

Good Afternoon Neil, I trust you and the family are all well. In readiness for tomorrow you might like to download a Bible app onto your phone. The one from Life Church is very good. Tomorrow we will be reading chapter 4 of the book of Jonah. I look forward to seeing you. You will be my guest. 😄

His response,

Thanks, I will see you tomorrow, I don't believe in God nowadays as all violence under the name of God and religions. I also sorry to say, I was born in Hindu family, I can't download bible. See you tomorrow. Cheers. Neil

My response,

Neil, Thank you for your openness. Remember you will be my guest and as such most welcome. 😊

His response,

Thanks for your appreciation. Glad to meet all your friends there tomorrow.

As I said, Neil attended, readily introduced himself to the group, and contributed to the discussion after the Scripture passage was read out by one of the members of the group...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the Plunge...

Enthusiasm...

Manage Quality Customer Service II