Take the Time...

From my friend Paul...

Good morning friends! I had an interesting drive to Camperdown yesterday, in and out of squally storm patches with rain and sleet and wind. But at one point there was a clear patch, with a big, clear rainbow right in front of me, painted against an immense dark storm front up ahead. All the colours were so sharp and bright and clearly distinguishable in a broad band across the road ahead. And I was thinking to myself, "Should I stop and get a picture? That's the sort of thing people like to see on Facebook." And so I deliberated for maybe a kilometer and by the time I had made up my mind the colours had faded, started to go fuzzy, and then within seconds it was gone. And I was back in the storm front, with windscreen wipers going like the clappers.

And it occurred to me that God's will for our lives can be very much like that. Every so often we gain a clear view of it. God wants us to see all the glorious promises he has for us, just like when He originally gave the rainbow. But it's up to us to stop for long enough to reflect on His will for our lives, to really take it in. Too often I think we catch a glimpse and keep speeding on to the next storm front without being encouraged enough, changed, matured, strengthened by a clear understanding of His will for our future ahead.

Let's take the time to see, to listen, to take in His will for us, because He is kind and loving, and wants to equip us for the long road ahead.

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen"

Hebrews 13:20-21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking the Plunge...

Enthusiasm...

Supremacy